середа, 22 лютого 2017 р.

Talking about films

Результат пошуку зображень за запитом "films"


Describing a film:
The film is set in (+ place)
It is based on (+ book / a true story)
It is the story of…

The plot:
The film starts… / The film opens with… / At the beginning… / At first…
In the meantime…
What happens is…
In the end…
We discover that…
I don’t’ like / love/ like / hate the bit when…

Characters and acting:
It is directed by… 
It is played by… / It stars… /featuring Johnny Depp / Johnny Depp is in it
This is his/her best performance
The main character is…/  The main character was played by… / He/she is played by…
His/her character shows…

Sets and visuals:
You get this shot of…
You see him/her…
…in the background…
…the car’s driving away…
There’s this…

Your interpretation:
You have the feeling that…
You get the impression that…
You are led to believe that…
You expect to see…
I didn’t expect…
…and you’re wondering…
It’s the best bit/part of the film for me…
I think (that) the film / the music is… (+ adjective)
The best/most beautiful/most touching/worst/saddest/happiest moment is when…
I love that moment.

Being vague:
I can’t remember exactly… / I really don’t remember how… /I don’t remember what happens next… / If I remember correctly / well….. / What I do remember is….
I forgot to say…
I’m not sure but…
…sort of… kind of… like… you know… I mean…

Moving on:
Anyway(s)… So…

Agreeing:                                                     Disagreeing:
You’re right!                                        I totally disagree. / I don’t agree. It’s…
I agree, it’s…                                       Come off it! It’s a terrible film!
I know…                                             I love/hate that film!
Yeah, and what about when…?                I don’t think so!

                                                        I’m not sure about that!

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар